In the summer all I want to do is go outside, but as the weather gets cooler and cooler I find I’m staying inside more and more. Here are 5 different ways I am staying cozy inside this fall.
1. Get dressed. We all have those days where we want to stay in our pajamas all day. I don’t know about you, but if I start my day staying in my PJs I’m not getting anything done. By putting on a cozy sweater, jeans and finishing off the look with this Lightbox Halo necklace, I feel put together but still super cozy. Even if I am not planning on going out It completely lifts my mood if I pull myself together. I love how my laboratory–grown diamonds from Lightbox elevate my everyday look. Just trust me when I say putting these on everyday will make you feel so happy! The necklace I’m wearing is in a gorgeous pink shade, but it also comes in blue and white too. At $800 per carat (plus the cost of the setting) this would be a great idea to add to your Christmas list!
2. Bake something! Apple crisp, peach cobbler, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are all some of my favorites. If you have kids this is definitely a fun activity to do together. Not to mention your whole house will smell amazing! If you have a favorite fall recipe leave me a comment below.
3. Light a candle. I’m not joking when I say I do this every night after Everett goes to bed. There is something so relaxing about cleaning all the toys up from the day, dimming the lights and lighting a candle. I love to do this in the summer too, but my favorite candle scents are definitely in the fall.
4. Watch a fall movie. I’m not into scary Halloween movies, but I do have a list of movies I have to watch every fall. I have watched some of these multiple times already and I’m not ashamed of it. I can’t get enough!
• You’ve Got Mail
• Hocus Pocus
• Dan In Real Life
• When Harry Met Sally
What movies are on your must watch list?
5. Start a One Line A Day journal. This is a new one for me and I am going to do my best to stay on top of it. It sounds dreamy to take 5 minutes to myself everyday curled up by the fireplace writing in my journal. I think it would be fun to look back on previous years to see what I was up to. With all of the time spent indoors it’s a perfect time to start journaling.
Thanks for reading! XO